Aug, 10, 2014
Margaritaville reflects the laid-back lifestyle of a tropical climate made famous by Jimmy Buffett's music and career.
Margaritaville tasked HMS to develop mobile experience for the 75th annual Wyndham Championship PGA event in Greensboro, North Carolina that replicated its signature brand persona.
Jimmy Buffett and the Margaritaville evoke images of the islands, music and tropical drinks which HMS delivered to Wyndham Championship PGA attendees. The space, which was free to event attendees, transported guests from the golf course to Margaritaville by incorporating the signature sights, sounds and tastes of Jimmy Buffett.
HMS developed the scene which transformed a simple white tent into an island getaway. The team was also responsible for constructing the space; designing and providing signage; managing on-site logistics and operations; and orchestrating the event from start to finish. The experience included:
- A 50-foot-by-80-foot hospitality tent;
- A 25-foot-by-25-foot custom-designed bar that served margaritas and island-themed cocktails;
- A custom-designed space featuring color-matched linens, patio umbrellas, palm tree and island plants and Adirondack lounge chairs;
- The sounds of Jimmy Buffett and live entertainment amused guests from a Margaritaville stage;
- Retail display with select merchandise and an opportunity to order additional items at a discount;
- Margaritaville restaurant menu; and
- A customized Margaritaville golf cart served as a backdrop for a photo opportunity.
An estimated 50,000 people entered the Margaritaville tent during the six-day activation. The display also saw increased retail, bar and concession sales over past years.